ISACHD Online Community
Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the International Society of Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ISACHD) online community! We wish to foster collaboration and to enable our members across the globe to connect, share ideas and grow together as a community.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. We reserve the rights to (1) suspend or (2) terminate membership in ISACHD for anyone who doesn’t follow these rules.
1. Important Rules
- Messages posted to the community should pertain to adult congenital heart disease.
- Confidentiality is required at all times. Posted messages must NOT include
confidential information including text, scanned images, videos or documents
that include patients’ or health care providers’ personal / health information
(e.g., name, date of birth, medical record number). All messages must be in
compliance with the country of the ISACHD member and the privacy laws of the
United States, where this website is housed (https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/laws-regulations/index.html). In the event an ISACHD member accidentally
breaches privacy laws, it is the responsibility of that ISACHD member to follow
the rules and policies of their program/institution/country.
- Copyright: Don’t post copyright protected material without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Don't post commercial messages. Use caution when discussing commercial products.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Know that information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- We reserve the right to reject any messages that do not comply with these rules.
2. Discussion Group Etiquette
- Be professional: please communicate with respect and with the understanding that others may have different views to your own. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation and not to create arguments. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Be sure your signature tag is included on all messages. ISACHD online community auto-populates the signature tag to include your name, affiliation, and location, so please double check this for accuracy.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list (via the “Reply to Discussion” link) when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" should be sent only to individuals by using the "Reply to Sender" option (click the arrow next to the “Reply to Discussion” link).
- Do not send administrative messages (eg, “remove me
from the list”) to the entire group. Instead, use the web interface to
change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are
changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the
list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your
subscription settings (via Profile > My Account tab).
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
3. The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of ISACHD. ISACHD is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ISACHD or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ISACHD and/or ISACHD Leadership be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ISACHD and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
ISACHD may be alerted by members to inappropriate message postings. Inappropriate messages may be removed.
ISACHD reserves the right to terminate membership to users who do not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With whom do we share the personal information we collect through this site?
- Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments or send mailings and email blasts. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
- Business Transfers
- Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
- External Sites
Remember the risks whenever you use the internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.